Back in June, H.E.R. unveiled her debut studio LP Back of My Mind, which contained 21 tracks with additional assists from YG, DJ Khaled, Bryson Tiller, Yung Bleu, Chris Brown, Ty Dolla $ign, Cordae, and more. In addition to scoring a top ten placement on the Billboard 200, the album has also already earned the Cali talent a Gold certification.
Today (Sept. 16), H.E.R. decided to take the Lil Baby-assisted track “Find A Way” and upgrade it with the help of Baby’s close collaboration Lil Durk. Produced by James Maddocks and Chi Chi, the Chicago star matches his Atlanta cohort with bars about grinding towards success while staying true to himself and his loved ones:
“Bitch, this is straight out the mud, back in 2010 I was sellin’ them dubs, back in granny crib when the lights were off, we would blame it on the bugs, same niggas claim who I love, Identify who I was, I was flexin’ to you, but since you told, I’m facin’ a deal, I text my dawg, I was in my feelings, but said ‘Fuck it,’ I ain’t even send it, I was gon’ text him like ‘don’t change up, we the same niggas we in it…’”
This weekend, H.E.R.’s Lights On Festival makes its return to Concord, CA, with Ari Lennox, Keyshia Cole, Masego, Blxst, and many more taking to the stage during the event. Next month, she’ll then embark on her “Back of My Mind” tour, which also includes another iteration of the aforementioned festival in Brooklyn, NY.
Check out both the remix of “Find A Way” and H.E.R.’s tour dates below.
H.E.R.’s “Back of My Mind” tour dates:
- Oct. 9: Atlanta, GA — Centennial Olympic Park (ONE Musicfest)
- Oct. 10: Franklin, TN — Firstbank Amphitheater
- Oct. 13: Dallas, TX — Texas Trust Cu Theatre
- Oct. 14: Sugar Land, TX — Smart Financial Centre At Sugar Land
- Oct. 19: Boston, MA — Agganis Arena
- Oct. 21: Brooklyn, NY — Barclays Center (Lights On Festival)
- Oct. 22: Brooklyn, NY — Barclays Center (Lights On Festival)
- Oct. 23: Philadelphia, PA — The Met
- Oct. 25: Washington, DC — The Anthem
- Oct. 27: Chicago, IL — Aragon Ballroom
- Oct. 28: Detroit, MI — Fox Theatre