When the clock strikes midnight, DJ Kay Slay will liberate his latest project Accolades, which will see eight tracks with a slew of legendary lyricists — Raekwon, Sheek Louch, Ghostface Killah, Jim Jones, Styles P, AZ, Dave East, and more will be making appearances on the compilation. Taking to social media, the New York giant explained its creation, which is geared towards “true fans” of the culture:
“I stay in my lane because I’m a true believer in talent over popularity! I also at some point in my life played a role in every element with the culture ... It was about the talent ! Not who had the most money, jewelry or self proclaimed bs!”
Before that arrives, Kay Slay has liberated the opening cut for fans to enjoy. Titled “72 Bar Assassin,” the Trackateering Music-produced offering sees him recruiting Compton’s own The Game for some of the hardest — and, as always, the most controversial — bars to date:
“King of New York, King of L.A, and I don’t give a fuck what Diddy say, my semi spray, any time, anywhere, any day, 101st Precinct on the phone, come and get me ...
Rock a Sunni like I’m from Philly, under chinchillas when it’s chilly, I pop guns like Meek Mill pop wheelies, he surprised? Look at his eyes, you’d think I dropped Gillie...”
Check out both “72 Bar Assassin” and the full tracklisting for Kay Slay’s Accolades.
- “Intro - 72 Bar Assassin” feat. The Game
- “Extravagant Lifestyle” feat. Raekwon, Sheek Louch, Ghostface Killah, and Tragedy Khadafi
- “Harlem Block Money” feat. Dave East, Vado, Jim Jones, Shoota 93, and Talkit Trigga
- “WTF You Thought” feat. AZ, Saigon, Papoose, DJ Paul, Merkules, Jon Connor, and Tony Yayo
- “The Struggle” feat. Sheek Louch, Styles P, 88 LO, and Meet Sims
- “Rolling 110 Deep”
- “Don’t Judge Me” feat. EMC Scotty, InkedUp Baddie, and Sabrina Foxx
- “Wild Child” feat. Styles P, McGruff, Jadakiss, Sheek Louch, Black Rob, and Razah