It’s been quite a productive year for the Griselda collective across the board to say the least. So far, we’ve witnessed the following:
- The release of Conway The Machine’s joint project LULU with The Alchemist.
- The release of Conway The Machine’s debut studio album From King To A God.
- The release of Westside Gunn’s third studio album Pray For Paris.
- The release of Westside Gunn’s fourth studio album Who Made The Sunshine.
- Westside Gunn’s retirement (soon to come).
- Armani Caesar’s signing to Griselda along with the release of her debut album THE LIZ.
- Boldy James’ signing to Griselda along with the release of his mixtape The Versace Tape.
- The release of Benny The Butcher’s Da Respected Sopranos Gangsta Grillz with DJ Drama.
Today, The Butcher continues their outstanding year by dropping off his new album Burden Of Proof. It should go without being said that he delivered like we all knew he would — properly.
Get use to this shit...I ain’t goin nowhere— BENNY THE BUTCHER (@BennyBsf) October 11, 2020
If you’ve been snoozing on Benny this whole time, today would be the perfect day to wake up and join the party before you get left behind even more. The Buffalo spitter has been single handedly lacing records for some time now and it’s about time he starts to get the respect he deserves. He’s solidified himself as one of the best lyricists today and that is indeed a fact that cannot be refuted.
In a recent Twitter post promoting the album, the Griselda artist explained the meaning behind the album’s title in a brief video clip: “Burden Of Proof is typically required of the person making the claim,” he explains. “And in most cases, the person making the claim must demonstrate that the claim is valid, and carries the Burden of Proof.”
Executive produced by the reigning champ Hit-Boy (who’s also had a stellar 2020), Burden Of Proof is equipped with 11 records in total and features some of the best features anyone could ask for on this type of music: Rick Ross, Freddie Gibbs, Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Dom Kennedy, Queen Naija, and of course his labelmates Westside Gunn and Conway The Machine.
Tap in below and tweet us your thoughts!