clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Beverly Hills plastic surgeon offers to treat Gorilla Glue Girl’s hair for free

Tessica Brown is reportedly traveling to Los Angeles to get the $12,500 procedure this week.

Dr. Michael Obeng / Tessica Brown Left: Getty / Right: TikTok

Tessica Brown, known to the internet as “Gorilla Glue Girl,” may soon find relief from her hair woes with help from a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. According to TMZ, Dr. Michael Obeng has offered to perform a procedure that he’s “confident” will finally remove the powerful adhesive from her hair, where it’s been stuck for over a month. The procedure usually costs around $12,500; but Dr. Obeng has offered to do it for free.

The outlet reports that Brown will fly from Louisiana to Los Angeles on Wednesday (Feb. 10) to meet with Dr. Obeng about the procedure. The surgeon is reportedly planning to use a medical-grade glue remover on Brown’s hair and said the process should take about two to three days to work.

Brown went viral earlier this month after revealing that Gorilla Glue has been stuck in her hair for over a month after she used it instead of her Göt2b Glued hairspray.

“I got with my sisters. I got with my mom. Everyone was trying to give me different things about what to do to wash it out, but after that month passed, this is what made me take it to social media,” she told Kiss 92.5.

After multiple home remedies and failed attempts to remove the glue, Brown went to the hospital on Saturday (Feb. 6). A nurse tried to treat her hair with nail polish remover and saline water, but the process was painful and lengthy.

“When she started, it started to burn. So, they took the saline water and tried to, you know, cool it off, but it burned so bad to where my heart started beating too fast,” Brown explained. “She told me it looked like she could do it, but it’s gonna take at least 20 hours.”

While she works on finally ridding her hair of the adhesive, Brown is also considering suing the Gorilla Glue Company since the glue’s warning labels say nothing about not applying the substance to hair. In a statement, the company said it was “very sorry to hear” about her predicament.

“We are aware of the situation and we are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair,” the company wrote. “This is a unique situation because this product is not indicated for use in or on hair as it is considered permanent. Our spray adhesive states in the warning label ‘Do not swallow. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing.’”

They added, “It is used for craft, home auto or office projects to mount things to surfaces such as paper, cardboard, wood, laminate and fabric. We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best.”

Sign up for the newsletter Join the revolution.

Get REVOLT updates weekly so you don’t miss a thing.