Floyd Mayweather is down to take on 50 Cent in an exhibition boxing match. In an Instagram post on Wednesday (Feb. 3), the boxing legend accepted 50’s challenge to get into the ring, despite the rapper’s concerns that he was too small.
“This year, I will focus on several exhibitions,” he captioned the post. “I will have an exhibition in Tokyo, Japan again. Of course, the one with Logan Paul and I; and if Jake Paul can get past his next opponent Ben Askren, I will have an exhibition with him as well. I also heard that 50 Cent would fight me, but claims I’m too small. If he wants to lace up at the end of the year, we can do an exhibition then. I don’t care about weight class with any of these guys. The Paul brothers will make great money with the events, but with 50 Cent it has to be ‘Winner Take All.’”
During an interview with V-103 Atlanta last week, the Get Rich or Die Trying emcee told Big Tigger and his co-hosts that he was down to fight his longtime foe, but said that he didn't think the fight would happen anytime soon due to his weight.
“I’d fight Floyd,” the “Power Book II: Ghost” creator said. “I don’t think I could make weight though. ... Or he’d just have to let me not get down to 150. I tried — I looked like a homeless person. I could make it down to probably, like 180.”
While their possible matchup isn't confirmed for now, Mayweather is preparing for his next fight against YouTube star Logan Paul. The boxing match was originally set for Feb. 20, but has been postponed to an unspecified date.
“After an absolutely tremendous response to the fight announcement, we’re hoping to announce a new date very soon along with some new exciting details,” Fanmio CEO and founder Solomon Engel said in a statement.