Dior has decided to “postpone indefinitely” the launch of their 2022 collaborated collection with Travis Scott’s company Cactus Jack. On Tuesday (Dec. 28), a representative for the French luxury fashion house told Women’s Wear Daily that the decision was spurred by the Astroworld Festival tragedy.
“Out of respect for everyone affected by the tragic events at Astroworld, Dior has decided to postpone indefinitely the launch of products from the Cactus Jack collaboration originally intended to be included in its summer 2022 collection,” the rep said in a statement.
Fans had already been given a sneak peek at the upcoming line, which Scott co-designed with artistic director Kim Jones. Back in June, Dior revealed that Scott’s collaborated 2022 men’s summer line would mark the first full Dior collection ever created with a musician.
Speaking with Hypebeast, Jones said he and Scott first met six years ago and kept in touch about the rapper’s philanthropic plans.
“I started talking to Travis about the foundation he wants to set up to allow students to go to college at Parsons School of Design that can’t afford to go and fulfill their dreams,” Jones said. “So, I thought it was nice to then talk to him and say, ‘Why don’t we do something together?’ Because then you’re working with a fashion brand and a couture house that can support this project, as well.”
The collaborated Dior line is the latest of Scott’s partnerships to fall apart in the aftermath of his November Astroworld Festival. As reported by REVOLT, Anheuser-Busch recently announced that it was discontinuing its Cacti seltzer line with the “Sicko Mode” rap star.
Earlier this month, the House Oversight Committee launched a bipartisan investigation into the deadly event, including Live Nation’s handling of the festival’s planning, staffing, funding, permits, vendors and communication with local agencies.