The families of two more Astroworld Festival victims have rejected Travis Scott’s offer to pay for their loved ones’ funeral services, TMZ reports. According to the outlet, the families of 27-year-old Danish Baig and 14-year-old John Hilgert, who both passed away following the catastrophic festival, turned down the Houston rapper’s offer on Wednesday (Dec. 1).
Michael Lyons, the attorney representing the Baig family, told TMZ that Scott’s lawyers gave them a written offer promising $7,500 for Danish’s funeral service.
The Houston-based Mithoff law firm, which is representing 14-year-old John Hilgert’s family, also said their client rejected Scott’s offer. It’s unclear whether they also received the same $7,500 offer. Both families have also filed separate lawsuits against the “Sicko Mode” rapper.
Yesterday (Nov. 30), REVOLT reported that the family of 9-year-old Ezra Blount, who passed away following the festival, declined Scott’s offer to cover his funeral costs as well. Blount was the youngest victim of the chaotic event and was placed in a medically induced coma after being trampled by festivalgoers, causing severe swelling to his brain. He also went into cardiac arrest and suffered lung, kidney and liver damage. The boy sadly passed away on Nov. 15, over a week after the festival.
Scott previously pledged to cover the funeral costs of victims and provide mental health services for all who were affected by the tragedy. His lawyers reached out to Blount’s family to offer to pay for the boy’s funeral, saying in a statement, “Travis is committed to doing his part to help the families who have suffered and begin the long process of healing in the Houston community. Toward that end, Travis would like to pay for the funeral expenses for Mr. Blount’s son.”
However, the family declined the offer.