Photo: FilmMagic
  /  11.18.2021


Travis Scott is now facing a $2 billion lawsuit following the deadly events that took place at his annual Astroworld Festival.

According to TMZ, Thomas Henry, an attorney representing more than 200 alleged Astroworld victims, is now asking for $2 billion in damages from the “Sicko Mode” emcee, NRG Stadium, Live Nation and others. The suit alleges that fans were “incited into a frenzy” once Scott began performing and blames organizers for not taking former safety concerns into consideration for this year’s show.

“The Defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money of this event, yet they chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put the festival attendees at risk,” the lawsuit reportedly read.

As REVOLT previously reported, eight people were killed the night of the Astroworld Festival after the crowd of more than 50,000 people surged toward the stage as Scott performed. Two others — 9-year-old Ezra Blount and 22-year-old Bharti Shahani — later succumbed to their injuries days after the show.

Houston officials have steered the blame toward the “Highest In The Room” rapper. Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said that he visited Scott’s trailer on Nov. 5 before the festival and “conveyed concerns about the energy in the crowd” that was filled with “very devoted fans.”

Additionally, a fire chief was denied entrance into the festival grounds by security on the morning of the show. Instead, the fire chief was only given a map of the venue.

Last week, Scott’s team issued a statement urging all of those who were affected to reach out to him via email for immediate assistance. “He is distraught by the situation and desperately wishes to share his condolences and provide aid to them as soon as possible, but wants to remain respectful of each family’s wishes on how they’d best like to be connected,” the statement read.

Trending

Meet La Tosha Holmes, founder of the first Black-owned pediatric practice in Galveston County, Texas

Meet La Tosha Holmes, CPNP-PC, a Certified Nurse Practitioner from Webster, Texas, who — at ...
  /  09.29.2022

Kid Cudi talks new Netflix show "Entergalactic" and we recap the lit 2022 REVOLT Summit in Atlanta

Kid Cudi talks to “REVOLT Black News” correspondent Kennedy Rue about “Entergalactic,” his new animated ...
  /  09.30.2022

Meet Joshua Santiago, founder of Empowering Cuts, a non-profit giving free haircuts to those in need

Joshua Santiago is a barber based out of Philadelphia and the founder of Empowering Cuts, ...
  /  09.30.2022

NBA's Zion Williamson says Biggie's 'Ready To Die' pushed him to be resilient

“That album really helped me shift my mindset and just find true resolve in the ...
  /  09.28.2022
View More