YFN Lucci has released a statement thanking his supporters while he awaits trial in Georgia’s Fulton County jail. The 30-year-old has been incarcerated at the jail since turning himself in to authorities last month.
In an Instagram post shared on Thursday (June 10), Lucci gave followers a hopeful update on his current circumstance and offered details on some upcoming music.
“THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND CONTINUED SUPPORT,” he wrote. “I AM STILL INCARCERATED RIGHT NOW BUT AM MAINTAINING MY INNOCENCE. TO ALL MY FANS WHO HAVE CONTINUED TO SHOW LOVE & SUPPORT, I’LL HAVE SOME NEW MUSIC AND CONTENT ON THE WAY!”
“I appreciate all the support!” he added in the caption. “#FreeMe.”
Lucci surrendered to police on May 10 after a warrant was issued for his arrest. The “I Gotcha” rapper was named in a 105-count racketeering indictment. His lawyer attempted to have him freed earlier this month, but a Fulton County superior court judge denied his bond on June 1.
“My client is, your honor, an incredibly successful artist that is very well known nationally and even internationally,” Lucci’s lawyer argued at the time.
“The defendant will remain in a no-bond status at this time. Additionally, this court revokes any bonds previously issued in this case,” the judge responded.
Lucci is also facing felony murder and assault charges in connection with the shooting death of one of his associates, James Adams, last year. Prosecutors claim Adams was killed during a shootout between Lucci and rival gang members.
“He’s not a gang member. What he is, is an internationally recognized musical artist that is a triple Platinum winner,” his attorney said at the time. Lucci has maintained his innocence and said he was acting in self-defense.
He was released on a $500,000 bond in February after being arrested on the charges. See Lucci’s new statement on Instagram below.