Blueface pleaded no contest on Friday (Dec. 27) to a misdemeanor charge of carrying a loaded firearm in connection with a 2018 shooting in Newhall, CA. Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office Spokesperson Ricardo Santiago announced the news on Monday (Dec. 30), according local Santa Clarita news outlet, KHTS.
Although he avoided jail time, the “Thotiana” rapper was sentenced to 36 months of summary probation and eight days of community service. He will also have to pay restitution, fines and fees.
Blueface was initially arrested in November 2018 after a shooting occurred in Newhall. The shooting ended with a vehicle, which the rapper was inside, crashing into a freeway median.
“Under the course of the investigation, detectives found evidence of a robbery prior to the shooting incident,” Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station spokesperson, Shirley Miller, had stated at the time.
After his arrest, Blueface was released on a $50,000 bond for assault with a deadly weapon charges. He responded to the arrest in a video posted to his social media, which showed him walking out of the Sheriff’s Station.
“Y’all already know I’m out on bail,” he said in the clip. “Stop asking if they freed me. I freed me.”
This isn’t Blueface’s first run-in with the law. Earlier this year, he was arrested and charged with felony possession of a loaded firearm, before being released on $35,000 bail.
TMZ reports that the 22-year-old is currently embroiled in another legal scandal, this one stemming from his camp. Law enforcement sources told the outlet that the Los Angeles Police Department has opened a criminal investigation into the rapper’s team following a brawl at a Los Angeles nightclub.
At least one person reportedly went to the hospital with injuries sustained from member’s of Blueface’s crew and at least two people filed police reports about the incident. Blueface has not been named as a suspect in the investigation.