clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Dame Dash sued for $50 million for alleged sexual battery

Dame Dash’s legal troubles continue.

Instagram // @duskopoppington

A photographer named Monique Bunn has filed a $50 million federal lawsuit against Damon Dash, his fiancé Raquel Horn and his entertainment companies Damon Dash Studios and Poppington LLC, according to The Blast.

The lawsuit reads, “In April 2019, Bunn was in contact with Dash and Horn. Dash wanted Bunn, an existing business associate, to meet with him and shoot new programming for Poppington and DDS.” Bunn says she was flown out to LA to meet with Dash and Horn. Once she arrived, she immediately started shooting the material for Dash’s companies. “At the conclusion of the evening Dash and others brought Bunn back to the Dash residence where Bunn was staying during the trip,” read the complaint. She was told she would be sleeping in Dash’s daughter’s room.

“While Bunn was at the Dash residence on April 18, 2019, in the late evening, Dash sexually assaulted Bunn,” the lawsuit reads. “While Bunn was sleeping, Dash approached Bunn and placed his hand on Bunn’s breasts and placed hands/fingers on Bunn’s buttocks. Dash did not have the permission or consent to touch Bunn’s sexual organs. Dash was wearing a robe and had no underwear on. Dash had been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana all day.”

She continued, “Upon waking up due to the unauthorized touching by Dash, Bunn was able to get Dash’s hands off her breasts and buttocks. Dash backed up and asked Bunn “what are you doing?” Bunn responded and said “I am sleeping” and “I will fight you” to Dash. Dash then left the room. Bunn was angry and frustrated by Dash’s offensive and unwanted touching. Bunn stayed at the Dash residence and did not sleep that evening.”

The next day, Dash told Bunn that he had a WETV deal to shoot a docu-series about her. “The reality of the situation is that Dash did not have a deal with WETV associated with Bunn and only wanted to keep Bunn silent about the events of April 18, 2019.”

Bunn claims that Dash and his fiancée are refusing to return her personal photography equipment and hard drives. She claims that there is over 20 years of hip hop photography on the hard drives, including photos of Lil’ Kim. Mary J. Blige, Diddy, Mase, Teddy Riley, and more.

This lawsuit adds on to Dash’s list of legal troubles. Director Josh Webber is currently suing Dash for $7 million for defamation, accusing the Roc-A-Fella co-founder of making slanderous comments on social media, including referring to him as a “pure culture vulture.”

Sign up for the newsletter Join the revolution.

Get REVOLT updates weekly so you don’t miss a thing.