Sylvan LaCue has officially released the first part of the trilogy that is Young Sylvan, out now via Guin Records. Paired with the new project comes a new music video as well for the intro track “Young Sylvan Back,” where the rapper lets people know he’s still got it:
Life had a n***a trippin I ain’t know why how, I gotta stay free out in these streets dog I don’t like vows/ Took over the lease on that bitch now it’s my house. Don’t send me no contracts my n***a shit is on flight now/ Switch up on me better be prepared to run your lights out/ Settle shit like grown men not now n***a but right now, and I’m pulling up dolo on yo set ain’t no time outs. Face to face no DM’s my n***a I don’t like to type out.
Prior to this was his 2018 album Apologies in Advance. Along with the release, Sylvan has made sure to include a set of rules he wishes for fans to follow. “Please believe I will be enforcing them expeditiously,” he writes as he lays out the guidelines:
- First rule of Young Sylvan is you do not ask Young Sylvan about Young Sylvan.
- You DO NOT ASK YOUNG SYLVAN ABOUT YOUNG SYLVAN.
- Someone recites the lyrics wrong, leaks the album, or asks for “the old Sylvan,” you’re banned.
- Must be listened to at MAX levels.
- One song at a time.
- No skips. NO SKIPS.
- Young Sylvan will take as long as he wants to get his point across.
- If this is your first time listening to Young Sylvan, you have to share it with the homies & that’s on God.
Be sure to press play on Sylvan LaCue’s new project Young Sylvan Ep. 1 and also check out the new music video for “Young Sylvan Back” down below.