Travis Scott has canceled his upcoming Day N Vegas Festival performance, Variety reports. The 30-year-old was scheduled to appear at the Las Vegas music festival this Saturday (Nov. 13), but has pulled out after the tragic events that unfolded at his Astroworld Festival in Houston.
According to Variety’s reported “sources,” Scott is “too distraught to play” at Day N Vegas. The rapper is also planning to issue full refunds to all attendees who bought tickets to Astroworld, the outlet adds.
As reported by REVOLT, the third annual Astroworld left eight people dead and hundreds more injured after its first day on Friday (Nov. 5).
A police investigation into what caused the tragedy is ongoing. However, it has been reported that several concertgoers suffered cardiac arrests in the 50,000-person crowd and one police officer was stabbed with a hypodermic needle.
The Houston Chronicle reports that police and firefighters on the scene declared a “mass casualty” event at 9:38 p.m. local time, roughly half an hour after Scott began his headlining set. The “Escape Plan” rapper continued his set and finished as scheduled at 10:15 p.m.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner defended Scott’s continued set and said cutting the show short could have caused a riot. He also noted that the festival was not understaffed and said the number of police officers present at the event should have been enough to handle the large crowd.
The second day of the festival, planned for Saturday (Nov. 6), was immediately canceled as the number of casualties from the previous night became known. In an Instagram statement, Kylie Jenner said Scott was not aware of the fatalities until after the show.
So far, no alternative Day N Vegas set list has been announced to replace Scott. Roddy Ricch, who previously pledged his Astroworld earnings to the families of those affected by the tragedy, will still perform.