/  11.07.2021


Travis Scott reaffirmed his sentiments regarding the Astroworld Festival tragedy, which left at least eight people dead and hundreds more injured, via Instagram Saturday (Nov. 6) evening. The “SICKO MODE” rapper tweeted a brief message earlier in the day, but on Instagram he let fans see the emotional toll the disastrous event has had on him. 

“I just want to send out prayers to the ones that was lost last night,” Scott said, appearing visibly distressed. “We’re actually working right now to identify the families, so we can help assist them through this tough time. My fans really mean the world to me. I always just really want to leave them with a positive experience.”

On social media, Astroworld Festival attendees described horrific moments having difficulty breathing within the large crowd, shoving, being trampled, and calling for help to no avail. One person went as far as saying the festival felt like “a concert in hell.” 

Scott addressed the backlash he’s received for continuing the show as fans surged towards the front of the stage during his performance. In one video shared online, Scott does appear to stop midway through a song to ask security to help someone in the audience. “Anytime I could make out, you know, anything that’s going on, you know I stop the show and, you know, help them get the help they need,” he said. “I could just never imagine the severity of the situation.”

The 30-year-old Houston native said that he has been working closely with city officials, including the Houston Police Department (HPD), to “try to get to the bottom of this.” He urged fans to contact local authorities if they had any pertinent information and to keep the people who lost their lives in their prayers. “I’m honestly just devastated,” he said. “I could never imagine anything like this happening… Love you all.” 

Earlier in the day, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said that his department was investigating reports of suspicious activity in the crowd. He revealed that an officer was indeed pricked by a needle from an unknown attendee.

One of the narratives was that some individual was injecting other people with drugs. We do have a report of a security officer, according to the medical staff that treated him last night, that he was reaching over to restrain or grab a citizen and he felt a prick in his neck,” Finner said during an afternoon news conference. “When he was examined, he went unconscious, they administered Narcan. He was revived and the medical staff did notice a prick similar to what’d you get if somebody’s trying to inject…”

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner told reporters that ages of seven of those who died ranged from 14-27 years old. One victim has not been identified and six of the eight families have been notified.  

Check out Scott’s IG Story below:

Trending

Chris Brown vs. Jason Derulo | The Crew League (S2, Ep. 2)

Chris Brown and Jason Derulo face off on a brand new episode of “The Crew ...
  /  06.11.2021

FaZe Swagg and FaZe JSmooth team up with McDonald’s to elevate diverse voices in gaming

FaZe Swagg and FaZe JSmooth are teaming up to use their star power and knowledge ...
  /  11.30.2021

Which HBCU team’s business pitch will win the grand prize on Moguls In The Making presentation day?

It’s Moguls In The Making presentation day! After 48 hours of ideation, creation and some ...
  /  11.24.2021

HBCU teams square off in the Moguls In The Making competition to make their business ideas a reality

HBCU teams embarked on this journey to compete in this year’s “Moguls In The Making” ...
  /  11.18.2021
View More