After waiting over six months for Breonna Taylor to receive justice for her killing at the hands of Louisville, Kentucky police — Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly, Detective Myles Cosgrove and former detective Brett Hankison — who entered her home via a “no-knock” warrant; as she slept in her bed, the Jefferson County grand jury made the decision that Detective Brett Hankison has been charged with three counts of wanton endangerment in the first degree on Wednesday (Sept. 23).

Wanton endangerment is a Class D felony and has a max of one to five years, if convicted. Hankison was also given a $15,000 bond. Mattingly and Cosgrove have not been charged.

Earlier today, the public learned that the decision would be made at this time. REVOLT reported that the grand jury would reveal their verdict to Jefferson Circuit Judge Annie O’Connell about the case at 1:15 p.m. ET.

On top of that, we learned that after that decision was announced, Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron would also be speaking to the public about the decision. About an hour before the jury’s verdict, he tweeted to his followers: “We are holding a press conference at 1:30pm ET to announce the results of the Grand Jury proceedings in the investigation into the death of Ms. Breonna Taylor,” which included a link to a livestream where he would appear.

Moreover, before the decision was announced, Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer signed a third executive order in preparation for the reveal — the first two were signed earlier this week, and declared the city’s state of emergency and the second banned access to five downtown Louisville parking garages and street parkings.

This third executive order ordered a 72-hour county-wide curfew from 9:00 p.m. ET to 6:30 a.m. ET starting tonight, Louisville reporter Amber Smith shared on Twitter.

According to the Courier Journal, “Lonita Baker, an attorney for Taylor’s family, said as of 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, said they have not heard any information from the attorney general’s office about the decision, what time or when it will be announced.”

The city of Louisville has already reached a settlement with Taylor’s family for $12 million in her loved one’s wrongful death lawsuit.