Authorities are reportedly planning to reopen the case surrounding the mysterious death of Tamla Horsford, a Black woman who was found dead in a backyard after she attended an adult slumber party.

Back in November 2018, Horsford went to a slumber party at a home in Forsyth County. The next morning, she was found unresponsive in the backyard. Authorities ruled her death as an accident, saying she fell over a balcony from the second floor. Her case has gained nationwide attention and hundreds of thousands of people signed petitions demanding justice for the mom.

Horsford’s family is now speaking out for the first time in an interview with CNN. “Supermom. Supermom. She made sure she could provide for them. She was always the type of person who would stand up for the little guy,” Horsford’s sister Summer St. Jour Jones said, speaking about what type of mom she was.

“It’s unfortunate that it has to take other people’s heartbreak and other people’s loss for the proper attention to be given to this case involving my sister,” Jones said, citing the nationwide movement following the deaths of Breonna Taylor, George Floyd and many others.

According to the autopsy report, Horsford had a blood alcohol level of .23, which is almost three times the legal driving limit in the state of Georgia. Traces of marijuana and Xanax were also found.

“Never ever ever have I seen my sister sloppy drunk and incoherent. So I doubt that she would pick a sleepover with people she was just getting to know to start behaving that way,” Jones said.

Back in June, REVOLT reported that Ralph Fernandez, the family’s attorney, believed there was new evidence proving that Horsford’s death was a homicide.

“It appears Tamla was involved in a struggle. There were abrasions consistent with that scenario. There were parallel scratches to one arm. Since they were fresh, photos would not have proven recent use of defensive force,” Fernandez wrote in a letter obtained by Channel 2. “There was one X-ray, yet the injury noted as the cause of death appears nowhere.”

“Witness statements are in conflict. A potential subject handled the body as well as the evidence prior to law enforcement arriving. Evidence was disposed of and no inquiry followed. The scene was not preserved,” the letter continued. “A remarkable fact is that there were no photographs taken during the autopsy of Tamla’s body. This had to have been done at someone’s directive because such a practice is unheard of.”

Check out the family’s interview below.