The 911 dispatch audio from the night of Nick Gordon’s death has been released.

“Black stuff is coming out of his mouth and he is not breathing,” a dispatcher is heard saying in the 911 call audio obtained by TMZ.

Yesterday (Jan. 1), the former ex-boyfriend of Bobbi Kristina Brown died of an alleged overdose. His brother Jack Walker Jr. confirmed the devastating news in a statement to PEOPLE. “ We are devastated by the loss of my beautiful brother,” Walker Jr. shared. “He leaves a void in the hearts of my family and his friends. Nick’s battle in life was not an easy one. I will be forever grateful that my God afforded a small moment at the very end of Nick’s life, and I was able to hold his hand as he journeyed on.”

Joe Habachy, Gordon’s lawyer, released a statement to Fox News following the 30-year-old’s death. “My heart is heavy today after learning that my long time client Nick Gordon died at the young age of thirty. While I cannot speak to the specific circumstances of his death, I can say that it’s been truly heartbreaking to have witnessed first hand the total devastation that drug addiction has wreaked upon a group of young friends, all of whom were loved and had immense potential,” the attorney told Fox News.

He continued. “Despite all of the incredible challenges Nick faced over the last few years I can honestly say that he worked hard to hold his head up and stay sober and that he genuinely wanted a happy healthy life with his family more than anything else. My heart goes out to the family and friends Nick leaves behind and to any other families dealing with the losses and heartache caused by drugs.”

In 2015, Gordon was present when Brown was found unconscious in a bathtub at their home following a drug overdose. He was found legally responsible for her death and was ordered to pay $36 million to her estate.

His legal troubles did not stop there. In March 2018, he was charged with misdemeanor battery, after he allegedly struck girlfriend Laura Leal in the face. Gordon denied that he ever hit Leal. She later dropped the charges.