A Miami federal judge sentenced Kodak Black to 46 months in prison on federal weapons charges on Wednesday (Nov. 13). According to The Miami Herald, Kodak received far less than the maximum 10-year sentence that he faced.

“Hold It Down While I’m On Lock. Calling Shots From The Box #Literally,” the rapper wrote on Instagram, following his sentencing.

Kodak was arrested on federal and state weapons charges back in May, prior to his scheduled Rolling Loud Miami performance.

According to court documents obtained by the Herald, the state of Florida had asked for a 46 to 57-month sentence, while Kodak’s lawyers had insisted on 37 to 44 months.

The 22-year-old rapper pleaded guilty to lying on a background form when he purchased multiple handguns in January and March of this year. Kodak used a false Social Security number to purchase one set of guns and lied about his previous criminal charges to purchase the second.

One gun that he had bought was found at the scene of an attempted shooting. The gun had been fired at two homes, including one with three children inside. Assistant U.S. Attorney Bruce Brown said in a court filing that “a rival rap artist was the intended target” of the shooting. Kodak was initially denied a $550,000 bond.

A second firearm was found in the trunk of a car crossing the Canadian-US border in April. Kodak, in a separate car, was found with eight grams of marijuana and charged with criminal possession of a firearm and possession of marijuana.

During the hearing, prosecutors also brought up the prison altercation Kodak had been involved with last month, alleging that he injured a security guard.

Kodak’s lawyer, Bradford Cohen, argued that the “ZEZE” rapper had initially purchased the firearms for self-defense after receiving gang-related death threats. Cohen further referred to Kodak as “highly impressionable and heavily troubled” and said he’d been “led astray by environmental pressures and influences.”

Kodak is still under indictment on charges of criminal sexual conduct in South Carolina and faces a maximum 30-year sentence. No hearings for the ongoing case are currently scheduled.