YG's home raided by cops in connection to shootout case
The rapper was not present during the time of the raid.
Things are not looking up for YG right now.
In a report published by the TMZ today (July 18), the rapper’s Hollywood Hills home was raided by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. This is in connection to the shooting that left an innocent bystander dead.
Sources say that the house is leased by YG who was not arrested nor present during the time of the raid. Deputies obtained a signed search warrant that allowed them to enter the 29-year-old’s property.
As previously reported, someone inside an SUV, registered underneath YG’s name, fired multiple gunshots. The incident, which took place on July 3, resulted in the fatality of a pedestrian. TMZ reports that four men have been handcuffed at the scene and placed in patrol cars.
Earlier this month, YG did his best to clear his name. He stated that he was nowhere near the scene of the crime when the shootout happened. His alibi is that he was at the studio creating music.
“I was nowhere near the scene of this incident and had been in a recording studio all day in Hollywood,” he said. “I was there until after midnight on the 4th of July and didn’t learn of these events until after they happened.”
On a more positive note, YG recently welcomed his second child, Vibe Jackson. Back in March, the “Go Loko” rapper shared that he and Catelyn Sparks were expecting their second child in July. Vibe is officially the little sister to Harmony, YG and Spark’s three-year-old daughter.
In addition to welcoming a new child, YG is set to hit the road with Meek Mill, Future, Mustard and Megan Thee Stallion for the “Legendary Nights” tour. The three-month trek will begin next month in St. Louis.
We will provide more updates as the case continues to unfold.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
To infinity and beyond! Adidas’ new Crazy IIInfinity shoes updates a Kobe classic!
From Kung Fu in the sewer to trash bag suits, Missy Elliott not only invigorated the modern music video, she put her thang down, flipped it and reversed it.
For our “Imagine If?” Black History Month campaign, check out the sci-fi story of Aaliyah Bennet, the astrophysicist and inventive space traveler.
In a move to reshape the narrative of Black identity, REVOLT has launched an initiative this Black History Month that puts the storytelling power firmly in the hands of Black creators. Check them out!
“The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” can be considered one of the greatest sitcoms of all time. More than 30 years after its pilot episode, REVOLT takes a look at what the cast is up to.
As the host of “While Black,” Darius Hicks is intent on getting to the nitty-gritty when discussing race. Check out this exclusive interview.
“Eminem ain’t no bad person. He belongs in Hip Hop,” Benzino said in part.
It appears as though he and the plaintiff Laura Helm have reached “an amicable resolution.”
The next time you’re looking for a caption for your perfectly curated Instagram, there’s a 95 percent chance that Drizzy’s got you!
“I think a lot of that stuff isn’t the stuff that should be aired out like that,” said Chris Spencer when discussing the no-holds-barred interview Mo’Nique did on “Club Shay Shay.”
“Y’all got me f**ked up!” he jokingly said on social media.
Her representative shared that the 44-year-old created the profile to show off her Savage X Fenty lingerie.