Soulja Boy isn’t letting his recent arrest stop his 2019 takeover.
On Sunday (June 2), Big Drako’s manager, Miami Mike, uploaded a phone call with the 28-year-old rapper who announced his “major comeback.”
“Reporting live from the L.A. County Jail. I’m just letting all my fans know I’m finna be home real, real soon,” Soulja Boy said in the clip. “The biggest comeback of 2019 continues. It’s going down […] The album on the way. The shoes on the way. The movie on the way.”
The Chicago native also took time to thank his fans to their unwavering support during his incarceration. “Shout out to all the fans that been writing me. I been reading all y’all letters. I appreciate it,” he stated.
“I’m going on tour. Like I said, the biggest comeback of 2019,” the rapper continued. “Jail? Jail? Come on, man. You know I do this. Shout out to everybody that’s been holding me down, come to visit me, putting money on my books. I love all my fans, it ain’t over. It’s a minor setback for a major comeback,” Soulja Boy concluded.
Back in April, Soulja Boy (real name DeAndre Cortez Way) was arrested for violating his probation and held without bail. At the time, a judge found Soulja Boy in violation for having ammunition in his house after a woman claimed he was holding her hostage. He was also found in violation of failing to complete his court-ordered community service and conspiring to falsify evidence that he had done so.
Soulja Boy was sentenced to 240 days behind bars last month. The judge gave him 40 days credit on the sentence considering the 20 days he spent incarcerated before then. The judge also reinstated his 265 days of community service. Soulja Boy’s attorney, Fred G. Minassian, said the rapper was “thankful” for the lenient sentence.
“My client is very thankful to the judge that he was sentenced to only 240 days because the judge was initially contemplating a sentence of two years,” Minassian shared in a statement. According to Soulja Boy, he will be home “soon.” Keep reading to hear his announcement ahead.