Iggy Azalea vows to press criminal charges against leaker of her 'GQ' nudes
Azalea has issued a statement explaining the nude photos.
Iggy Azalea is pressing charges against the person who leaked nude outtakes of her 2016 GQ photoshoot.
Over the weekend, topless photos of the Australian rapper hit the internet causing the 28-year-old to deactivate her social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram. Since then, Azalea (real name Amethyst Amelia Kelly) has vowed to pursue legal action against the person responsible.
On Monday (May 27), Azalea issued a statement explaining the nude photos and reprimanded the leaker. “A lot of high profile women have shot covers for GQ with a strategically placed hand covering their breasts etc.,” she wrote. “I always felt they were very beautiful covers, so I jumped at the opportunity.”
However, Azalea says what she did not expect was to see her uncovered breasts exposed to the world. “I hadn’t seen other women’s covers leak so I felt comfortable (on a closed set) to model for such a reputable magazine knowing only the images with my hands covering would be considered for print,” she stated.
“I never consented to taking topless photos for potential release, period,” Azalea declared. The “Fancy” artist said she was under the impression that topless photos are prohibited in the print pages of GQ. “There was no reason for anyone to have kept the outtakes from the shoot,” she added.
Azalea went on to express that she is “surprised and angry” the images weren’t “immediately deleted.” The “Trouble” rapper also shared she felt “blindsided, embarrassed [and] violated” seeing the images distributed online by strangers who were “sharing their thoughts and fantasizes” in regards to her body.
She ended her statement saying that she fully intended to discover who leaked the pictures and press criminal charges. “It is important to me that someone actually be held accountable for their actions,” she wrote. Read her full statement about her nude photo scandal ahead.