‘Black Panther’ becomes the 10th highest-grossing film in US history
The film has quite a few milestones under its belt.
Black Panther continues to reign supreme at the box office.
From earning the best first-week opener of any film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to inspiring others to raise over three-quarters of a million dollars to ensure that youth across the country can see the film, director Ryan Coogler and all involved have a lot to be proud of.
While the superhero epic continues to put numbers on the board, this weekend also has garnered yet another achievement to add to the list.
As reported, while the film is on course to earn the third-highest third-weekend sales, this weekend’s numbers are already boosting it into a new category of commercial success: Black Panther has officially become the 10th highest-grossing film in US history.
Take a look at how Black Panther compares on the list of highest-grossing US films, below.
1) Star Wars: The Force Awakens – $936,662,225
2) Avatar – $760,507,625
3) Titanic – $659,363,944
4) Jurassic World – $652,270,625
5) Marvel’s The Avengers – $623,357,910
6) Star Wars: The Last Jedi – $619,117,636
7) The Dark Knight – $534,858,444
8) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – $532,177,324
9) Beauty and the Beast (2017) – $504,014,165
10) Black Panther – $501,105,037