clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Tyler Perry is working on a safe way to reopen his studio complex in Atlanta

The actor is reportedly looking into hiring a doctor for his staff on set.

Tyler Perry Shutterstock

Tyler Perry is looking to reopen his Atlanta studio complex, but in a way that encourages safety for his staff and crew members.

According to TMZ, the 50-year-old is toying with the idea of having his entire cast and crew tested for Coronavirus on set. The media outlet also noted that those who test negative will be allowed to proceed to the lot for filming. All of the cast and crew members will have the opportunity to live on the studio lot for the duration of the film. In addition to that, Perry is looking to turn one of his hospital structures that he built for filming into a functioning facility.

Last week, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, announced his decision to reopen nonessential businesses such as tattoo parlors, hair salons, movie theaters, bowling alleys and more amid Coronavirus.

Earlier this month, news surfaced that Perry purchased groceries for senior citizens while they shopped at Winn-Dixie stores and Kroger supermarket in Louisiana and Atlanta. “We would like to join our customers in thanking Mr. Perry for his kindness and generosity during this unprecedented pandemic,” Felix Turner, a manager for Kroger’s Atlanta stores, said. “It was truly a pleasure to see our customers fill with joy and gratitude as the news spread throughout 44 stores across Metro Atlanta.”

Winn-Dixie’s twitter account also posted a similar message thanking Perry for his selfless act. “Thank you to our friend @tylerperry for paying it forward by purchasing groceries for elderly and high-risk #winndixie customers shopping at Louisiana stores this morning,” the page tweeted. “Winn-Dixie applauds your love for community and sincere generosity. #StrongerTogether #WinningTogether.”

Following the widespread of Coronavirus, several nonessential businesses have contemplated the day in which they should reopen. While speaking with TMZ, 2 Chainz’s business partner, Snoop Dillard, confirmed that their dining service will not be reopening this month after reports said otherwise. “After careful consideration, we are not going to open our restaurants on Monday,” Dillard said. “It has not officially been decided when we will start having dine-in service.”

Sign up for the newsletter Join the revolution.

Get REVOLT updates weekly so you don’t miss a thing.