1. "Goodnightly" read the final tweet from The Nightly Show, which was cancelled this week. These are our top 6 music-related moments.
2. The Department of Justice announced that the U.S. will phase out its use of private prisons.
3. The impossible to hate Zendaya will reportedly play Mary Jane in Spider-Man: Homecoming! Yet, people are mad because she doesn't have red hair... We're sure that's the reason.
4. Ruby Tuesday said it will close 95 of its underperforming locations by the end of the year.
5. Drake isn't done with us yet. Not only did he bring Eminem onstage at his Summer Sixteen Tour stop in Detroit, he also teased "Please Forgive Me," his first official music video since "Hotline Bling." **
6. The #SoGoneChallenge was the latest nostalgia-driven trend taking the internet by storm. Everyone was delivering freestyles set to Monica’s 2003 hit "So Gone," including the singer herself. And because Monica is so delightful, she took the time to rank submissions.
7. Donald Trump's campaign chairman Paul Manafort resigned, amid other campaign shakeups.
8. Police say Team USA swimmer Ryan Lochte lied about being robbed at gunpoint. Lochte claimed that men posing as police officers pulled over a taxi he and three teammates were in — going so far as to saying they cocked a gun to his forehead before taking his money. When the world found out he made it all up, it wasn't pretty.
9. If the summer blockbusters left you disappointed,, don't worry: New fall programs featuring Donald Glover, Morris Chestnut, Janelle Monáe and more give us something to look forward to!
10. Young Thug is no more; the new moniker is No My Name Is Jeffery. REVOLT got an exclusive explanation here.
11. Cam Newton got new black on us in an interview with GQ. The internets got upset, but if you read between the lines the QB was being more PC than post-racial. (We hope.)
12. Chance the Rapper is changing the way radio supports indie artists with the launch of RapperRadio.com. The website populates a list of local radio stations and then auto-generates a requesting certain songs be played on their airwaves.
13. Some regretful details emerged about Birth of a Nation director/star Nate Parker, who was accused of rape as a college student. However, Fox Searchlight is moving ahead with plans to have Parker be the face of the film in a series of coming press events.
14. TLOP is taking over the world. On Friday, Kanye opened 21 global pop-up shops for Pablo merch.
15. The Red Cross said the flooding in Louisiana is the worst U.S. disaster since Hurricane Sandy — and more rain is in the forecast.
16. Frank Ocean, finally.
Is this rundown helpful to you? Let us know!