You're busy; we know. So here's all the news you need in one handy place.
1. All signs point to a new Jay Z album. "I know the name of Hov’s new album and everything right now,"Jermaine Dupri said.
2. Yet another unarmed black man was shot by police. This time, Charles Kinsey, a caretaker in Miami, was shot with his hands up while trying to help an autistic man.
3. After much hullabaloo, Desiigner released the official "Timmy Turner" track. Did it live up to the hype?
4. The WNBA reversed course, rescinding fines for teams and players who showed support for Black Lives Matter. The league had previously issued punishments for players who wore black warm-up gear in protest of police brutality, but the women boldly stood their ground. Here's a look at 10 other athletes who've never been afraid to take a stand.
5. In other sports news, the NBA decided to pull the 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte due to the climate created by the controversial "bathroom bill."
6. There was a mass shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany. A teen killed nine people as well as himself, and dozens more were injured.
7. The Republican National Convention ran July 18–21. REVOLT was on the ground in Cleveland, with an inside look at Trump's speech and other flaps. The biggest news, of course, was his wife, Melania, delivering a speech that was a carbon copy of one given by Michelle Obama. "Woke bae" Jesse Williams led the internet in a merciless mocking.
8. Akon and his new artist OG Boo Dirty spoke to REVOLT about bringing reality rap back with Boo's debut album, Billionaire Dreams. And ATL rapper Young Lyxx told us he's all about "legal trappin'" on his latest project, G$LMP D$TRCT.
9. Racist abuse on Twitter after the Ghostbusters premiere caused actress Leslie Jones to flee social media. Rapper Cardi B was a special guest on REVOLT Live, and she also empathized with Jones, saying that celebs do get their feelings hurt by constant attacks.
10. Sister trio Haim cancelled their European tour to focus on finishing their new album.
11. Panorama Fest, aka "Coachella East," took over NYC on a scorching-hot weekend. FKA twigs, Major Lazer and more delivered mind-warping sets on Day One. Kaytranada and King Kendrick killed it on Day Two.
12. Speaking of Twigs, her "abstract autobiographical" film Soundtrack 7 will premiere in August.
13. And in more Hollywood news, Rihanna will play something like an alien stripper in the new sci fi film Valerian. She was also cast to play the iconic character Marion Crane, a role popularized by Janet Leigh in 1960, in the coming season of Bates Motel, A&E's prequel to the classic Hitchcock film Psycho.
14. A judge has ruled to withhold from Suge Knight's lawyers the identities of witnesses in the murder case against the Death Row Records co-founder. They sought to independently interview the witnesses in order to prepare Suge's defense. But prosecutors objected, citing his history of violence and intimidation.
15. A$AP Rocky stopped by the Breakfast Club and tried to clear up some previous comments that were pretty apathetic about police brutality against black people. See for yourself if he made it better or worse.
16. REVOLT celebrated #GucciHomecoming with the exclusive live stream of the Gucci Mane & Friends show! Future, Fetty Wap, Drake and more performed with Guwop at Atlanta's Fox theatre Friday night. If you missed it, don't worry. Tune in to REVOLT for the television premiere of the concert and a post interview on Thursday, July 28, at 10:30 p.m. ET., with an encore Friday, July 29, at 8:30 p.m.