Because we're friends, REVOLT took the time to run down all the info you need to be a person in the know.
1. Donald Trump announced Mike Pence as his running mate for the 2016 presidential election. The Republican National Convention kicks off Monday (July 18) in Cleveland, Ohio.
2. Selena Gomez has the most liked Instagram post of all time. She's also the most followed person on IG. Like, of all the users in the world, she's no. 1.
3. Eighty-four people were killed and more than 200 injured Thursday in what is being called a terrorist attack on Nice, France. A truck drove into a crowd of people watching fireworks in celebration of Bastille Day.
4. Drake slyly responded to Joe Budden on French Montana's new single "No Shopping." The track is set to appear on French's upcoming album, MC4.
5. The Pokémon Go craziness reached extremes. Two men in Encinitas, California fell off a cliff while playing the game. Also in Cali, a man was stabbed in a park while using the app.
6. The military attempted a coup in Turkey, the prime minister said Friday (July 15). Nearly 6,000 people reportedly have been arrested in light of the failed attempt.
7. Jeremih won ASCAP's Songwriter of the Year award.
8. Seven police officers were shot in Baton Rogue on Sunday morning (July 17) in what is being described as an ambush. Reports say three are dead.
10. Meek Mill said he will no longer rap about "extreme violence."
11. Skai Jackson was the inspiration behind Marvel's new Iron Man, who will be a young black woman. You may remember Jackson, a 14-year-old actress who became a popular meme, for dragging Azealia Banks on Twitter earlier this year.
12. Beyoncé earned an Emmy nomination for directing Lemonade. The visual album received three other nods as well.
13. The U.S. Olympics Gymnastics Team is multicultural magic. Of the five women representing the U.S. in Rio in August, two are black and one is Latina.
15. Rich Homie Quan's Hip Hop Honors flub was turned into the #RichHomieKaraoke meme.
16. And finally, Saturday (July 16) would have been Philando Castile's 33rd birthday. Rest well.