Rick Ross maintains his innocence in the ongoing assault case against him.
"Me and my co-defendant we’re still out on bond, I'm still on house arrest. We remaining positive but most definitely it’s a fight against the system," he explained to REVOLT in a rare sit-down discussing the infamous 2015 arrest.
The "Hustlin'" rapper was arrested last year and handed down charges of kidnapping, aggravated assault and aggravated battery after an alleged June 7, 2015 incident in which he and an employee were accused of attacking a groundskeeper at his Fayette County estate. Since then, Ross has been out on $2 million and confined to house arrest with 24-hour monitoring. He is however allowed to make business travels.
Despite the legal limbo, Ross remains optimistic and productive. Within the past few months, he's released a slew of new records, including "No U Turns," and celebrated the 10-year anniversary of his debut album Port of Miami. Sharing an update on the case, Ross said he is "most definitely innocent in these crimes" and adds "I feel like it's only a matter of time before we actually get to address everything."
"That's what's unfortunate about the game when you sit back and you can’t address everything," he continued.
Although much can't be discussed regarding the case, the rapper is focused on moving forward, which is a state of mind he credits to advice given to him by friends like J. Prince and others. "I reached out to the G's and got me some good advice, but you know, you just got to move smooth out here," he said.
"So when you're on house arrest you just got to move smooth. Stay positive, stay focused, mind your business, no telling, and just do it the way you was always supposed to do it and man, everything will come back around the way it was supposed to."