Erykah Badu answered some fan questions today (December 7) as part of an initiative with Twitter Music. As always, the analog girl in this very digital world had a few gems to offer.
She answered questions regarding her life, music and even offered a slight apology for Iggy Azalea, who she dissed at this year's Soul Train Awards.
Above all, she dropped a few life lessons we could all use to live a better life. Check them out below.
1) Pick your friends like you pick your fruit.
2) Rap is something you do. Hip-hop is something we live.
3) There's a difference between fashion and style. Know that!
4) Studies show meditation is valuable to a person's health. Pay attention to your breaths.
5) Crystals are out friends (refer to why below).
6) Have no fear. Freedom is coming, some day.
7) The past and the future bring worry. Be at peace with the now. Ya dig?
8) In order to be great, you've got to go through the fires like any other diamond. Keep your head up, kid.
9) Love is acceptance. Fear is denial. BARS.
10) Make good choices, check yourself and stay in your lane.
11) Go hard or go home. Massages are great and apparently Common gives great foot rubs. That was a three in one.
12) If you're not ready to let go, DON'T. It's okay.
13) Laugh and love more. The world needs it (you too).