As the year comes to a closing, nearly everyone has taken a stab at making 2016 predictions. Which new artists have made enough waves in 2015 to remain standing and, most importantly, remain relevant in 2016? It's the question asked by many, answered by more and surely known by no one.
Music discovery app Shazam, however, has joined the predictions pool in announcing top acts to break in the new year. And if you're not a frequent "shazamer," it may be time to start.
According to its data, artists like Andra Day, who recently teamed up with Stevie Wonder for “Someday At Christmas," Tory Lanez and Post Malone are set for big things in 2016.
Here are the Shazam's top 10 artists to watch out for in 2016:
1. Andra Day
2. Conrad Sewell
3. Troye Sivan
4. Tory Lanez
5. Post Malone
7. Zara Larsson
8. Jack Garratt
10. Lukas Graham
Honorable Mention: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
Shazam has also named its top 10 "Most Shazamed Tracks" of 2015, which put's Diplo's Major Lazer collective at the top with their infectious summer hit "Lean On."
Additionally, Diplo has also been announced as the most shazamed artist, earning over 40M shazams worldwide.
Check out this year's top 10 "Most Shazamed Tracks" below.
1. Major Lazer ft. Mo and DJ Snake, "Lean On"
3. Ed Sheeran, "Thinking Out Loud"
4. Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth, "See You Again"
5. Hozier, "Take Me to Church"
6. Kygo ft. Conrad Sewell, "Firestone"
7. Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars, "Uptown Funk"
8. Lost Frequencies, "Are You With Me"
9. Feder ft. Lyse, "Goodbye"
10. Ellie Goulding, "Love Me Like You Do"